Tuesday, June 21, 2016

My experience in the REU program - Nilka





(This is me. My first day in the REU program.)
 
Hello, my name is Nilka Gissette Gondola; I am Panamanian and the third year of study Environmental Biology at the University of Panama. This year I am participating in the REU program. I'm working with gastropods in the laboratory of Dr. Andrew Altieri and his team.
 
 
 

(Rocky shore, of the Pacific of Panama)
 
During my project, I will visit some rocky areas of the Pacific coast of Panama to look for a specific genre of gastropods. Currently I do not have all the pictures of what I've been doing, but I hope to share son.

 

(Welcome dinner)


It has been a wonderful experience to meet students from other countries and share with them. I hope that the stay in Panama of all participants in the REU program rewarding and enriching.
Thanks for reading me!

No comments:

Post a Comment